NLCA accepts students regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students. It does not discriminate in admissions policies, educational policies, athletic and other school administered programs.
School officials determine grade level placements and teacher assignment. Priority for admissions to NLCA shall be as follows:
1. To presently enrolled students
2. To members of New Life Church
3. To brothers and sisters of presently enrolled students
4. To new families
An applicant for K3 must be 3 years old, K-4 must be 4 years old, one for K-5 must be 5 years old and one for the first grade must be 6 years old on or before September 1st in the school year applied for.
The student application for admission must be submitted along with the registration fees. The following guidelines are imposed:
* A screening test to determine student readiness may be required.
* The school must have on file a Certificate of Immunization (IMM-50), or a Medical Exemption (IMM-51) form from the Alabama Department of Public Health or from the student’s physician by the first day of school. Documentation should show evidence of student(s) having received a second dose of measles vaccine. We advise that all vaccinations and immunizations be kept active.
* A report card of the student’s previous term of work must be presented. A follow up call may be made to the student’s previous school and/or principal.
* A nine-week probationary period will be imposed on all incoming students.
* No student will be admitted if he/she is currently using drugs, alcohol, smoking or using tobacco, or under suspension or expulsion, but the cases must be carefully examined.
* The parent/guardian of each student must have read the current year’s handbook and be in agreement with the policies as defined. A signature is required to document such agreement, and the document will be kept in the student’s file.
* Final admission of all students shall be subject to the approval of the principal and the pastor.
* A student will not be accepted for enrollment if pregnant or sexual promiscuity is known.
|FINANCIAL POLICY 2013-2014.pdf||59.22 KB|